|Chairperson:||Professor Cheng Chung Yi|
|Members:||Professor Teresa Kuan|
|Professor Yim Chi Hung Lawrence|
|Professor Lim Song Hwee|
|Professor David Huddart|
|Professor Mok Kar Leung Harold Note 1|
|Professor Wan Chui Ki Maggie Note 2|
|Professor Tang Chung Note 3|
|Professor Poo Mu Chou Note 4|
|Professor Lynne Nakano|
|Professor Yip Choy Yin Virginia|
|Professor Lee Wan Ki Wendy|
|Professor Wang Qingjie Note 5|
|Professor Saulius Geniusas Note 6|
|Professor St. André James George|
|Professor Ho Che Wah|
|Professor John Lagerwey|
|Secretary:||Ms. May Wong|
|Undersecretary:||Mr. Kevin Lui|
Terms of reference:
- To look into research policy issues and make appropriate recommendations;
- To create conditions to stimulate quality research;
- To set up and maintain the mechanisms for research project selection and funding;
- To set up and maintain the mechanisms for monitoring the quality of research projects;
- To compile an annual report on research projects at the University;
- To compile an annual report on research projects supported by UGC funds for submission to AAPC and the University Senate and then to the UGC;
- To foster the development of multi-disciplinary research endeavours across faculties, schools and developments; and
- To consider other research related matters as directed by the Vice-Chancellor.
The Panel will serve from 1 August 2018 to 31 July 2020.
Note 1: Professor Mok Kar Leung Harold serves until 31 July 2019.
Note 2: The appointment of Professor Wan Chui Ki Maggie is effective from 1 August 2019.
Note 3: Professor Tang Chung serves until 31 July 2019.
Note 4: The appointment of Professor Poo Mu Chou is effective from 1 August 2019.
Note 5: Professor Wang Qingjie serves until 15 August 2019.
Note 6: The appointment of Professor Saulius Geniusas is effective from 16 August 2019.