The Faculty of Arts is dedicated to promoting effective dialogue within the humanities and to melding Chinese and Western cultures. It not only cultivates the transmission and transformation of knowledge, thought, and culture, but also offers an education that fosters an open and inquisitive mind and independent and critical thought.
The Faculty of Arts runs the most comprehensive programmes in humanities in Hong Kong. Fourteen major programmes are offered by our departments, one by the Faculty and one by the Centre for China Studies:
- Bimodal Bilingual Studies (new 2-year programme offered in 2019-20 for senior-year admission)
- Chinese Language and Literature
- Chinese Studies (new programme offered in 2019-20)
- Cultural Studies
- Cultural Management (Faculty Programme)
- Fine Arts
- Japanese Studies
- Religious Studies
The Faculty also offers two Double-Degree programmes in collaboration with the Faculty of Law:
In addition, two co-terminal Double-Degree programmes are offered in collaboration with the Faculty of Education:
- Bachelor of Arts (Chinese Language Studies) and Bachelor of Education (Chinese Language Education) Co-terminal Double Degree Programme
- Bachelor of Arts (English Studies) and Bachelor of Education (English Language Education) Co-terminal Double Degree Programme
Students are advised to approach the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid for information on admissions.
Please refer to the "Regulations Governing Admission to Full-time Undergraduate Studies" in the Undergraduate Admissions Handbook published by the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid for the University's minimum entrance requirements and the additional requirements of individual programmes.
The Faculty offers three courses to all undergraduate students:
Introduction to Chinese Classics (ARTS1003)
(Faculty Package Course for students admitted in 2015-16 and thereafter)
For details, please refer to the poster (Chinese version only).