As face-to-face teaching resumes, the Faculty is going to organize various events in the year.
With the objectives of cultivating students’ creativity and strengthening the sense of belonging and commitment to the Faculty, the first activity will be the CUHK ARTS Souvenir Graphic Design Competition 2021. The winning entry may be adopted in the production of Faculty souvenirs, e.g. file, laptop sleeve, tote bag.
A selection panel will be formed for judging all entries in the preliminary round. Below are the selection criteria:
- Relevance to the theme (25%)
- Originality and creativity (25%)
- Aesthetic quality (25%)
- Practical functionality (25%)
The 10 highest scoring entries in the Preliminary round will be uploaded to Faculty Website for Faculty members and students’ voting in the Final round. Prizes will be given to the top 5 of the artworks:
HK$3,000 and certificate of award
HK$2,000 and certificate of award
HK$1,000 and certificate of award
Merit prize (2)
HK$500 and certificate of award
- The entry must reflect the aspiration of the Faculty of Arts and its values. (For studying the Faculty’s values, please refer to the page ”About the Faculty” on the Faculty Website)
- Your submission must have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. Your design must be present in vector PDF format. File in JPEG or PNG format is also required.
- The file size should be under 10MB.
- Entries of scanned or photographed hand-drawn works will also be accepted.
- Your entry must be an original artwork and must not include images, photographs, persons, trademarks, distinctive features, wording or other elements, for which the participant does not have the license and for which s/he cannot provide a license to use, publish, reproduce or print.
- Each student could only submit 1 entry.
- Each entry must include a brief description (no more than 150 words, either in Chinese or English), illustrating the design concept.