The Faculty of Arts of The Chinese University of Hong Kong is celebrating its 60th Anniversary! As part of the celebrations, the Faculty will present the 1st talk of the CUHK Arts 60th Anniversary Distinguished Alumni Lecture Series, to be delivered by Dr. Edwin Pak-wah Leung (72/UC/HIS) on 1 December 2023 (Friday) on CUHK campus.
Professor Edwin Leung is our distinguished alumnus, who graduated from the Department of History in 1972 with outstanding academic excellence. He obtained his master’s degree (1974) and Doctor of Philosophy from the University of California, Santa Barbara (1978). Professor Leung is an international scholar and Professor Emeritus, who has over 40 years of teaching experience in history, politics and international relations, with a focus on Asia at Seton Hall University, U.S.A. Professor Leung also maintains close ties with his alma mater, CUHK, enthusiastically participating in many university activities. He was honoured as United College’s Distinguished Alumni in its Jubilee celebration.
In this lecture, theming on “West Meets East: Reflections of 50 years on my American Journey in Academia and Cultures”, Professor Leung will share his experiences and wisdom with all of us. We are inviting all CUHK members, especially our Faculty students and alumni, to join us in this enriching lecture.
Don't miss the opportunity and let us celebrate the 60th Anniversary of CUHK Arts together!
Date: 1 December, 2023 (Friday)
Time: 4:30pm – 6:00pm (Tea reception will start at 4:00pm at the Courtyard of ICS)
Venue: L1, G/F, Institute of Chinese Studies (ICS), CUHK
Topic: West Meets East: Reflections of 50 years on my American Journey in Academia and Cultures (To be conducted in English)
Deadline: 26 November 2023 (Sunday)
Bio of Dr. Edwin Pak-wah Leung
- Graduate of CUHK History in 1972
- Over 40 years of teaching experience, former Chairperson of Department of Asian Studies at Seton Hall University, USA since 2002
- Elllis Island Medal of Honor, 2007
- Provost's Faculty Scholarship Awards: Book publication (2005 and 2006)
- CHOICE Outstanding Academic Book winner (1992)
- Published over 30 books
- Appointed Guest Professor of Wuhan University, one of the Top 10 Universities in China
- Served as Visiting Professor of Peking University, Zhejiang University, The University of Hong Kong, Columbia University
- Honoured as United College’s Distinguished Alumni in its Jubilee celebration