In order to attract and admit excellent students, to promote diversity in our learning community, and to further strengthen the global standing and impact of the University, the Faculty of Arts has established two scholarships for international undergraduate students, and one scholarship for outstanding local undergraduate students, starting from the academic year 2022-23:
- Faculty of Arts Scholarship for Outstanding International Students
Amount: HK$240,000 (in 4 yearly installments)
- Faculty of Arts Admissions Scholarship for International Students
Amount: HK$100,000 (in 2 yearly installments)
- Faculty of Arts Admissions Scholarship for JUPAS and Non-JUPAS Students
Minimum academic requirements for these three new scholarships are as follows:
- HKDSE - Total score of 29 based on the best 5 subjects^ (Only eligible for students admitted from JUPAS)
- GCE A-Level - 1A* 2A
- IB Diploma - 38 (out of 45)
- SAT/ACT - Total score of 2000 (out of 2400) or Redesigned SAT score of 1350 or total ACT score of 30 and at least 700 each in two SAT subject tests / at least 4 each in two AP subject tests
- Malaysia UEC / STPM - UEC: 5(A1) 3(A2) STPM: 1A 3B
- Taiwan GSAT - 55 out of 60 for the Best 4 subjects including English
^ A total score of 29 is equivalent to an average of 5* in all the best 5 subjects, under the score conversion scale Level 5**=7, Level 5*=6 and so on.
For those qualifications not covered in the list, they will be considered on a case-by-case basis.