MA in Music
Frequently Asked Questions
  1. Do I need to attend an audition?
    Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview. Audition is not required.

  2. My bachelor’s degree is not in music. Can I apply for this programme?
    We welcome and encourage applications from people of divergent backgrounds.

  3. When will the courses be scheduled?
    Most of the courses will be scheduled on weekdays 6:30pm–9:00pm.

  4. How can I submit my Personal Statement?
    You may submit your Personal Statement by uploading it to the Online Application System for Postgraduate Programmes.

  5. I obtained a degree from a university in Hong Kong. Do I need to provide the result of English Language tests?
    If you have a degree from a UGC-funded university in Hong Kong, you do not need to submit the result of any English Language test.
    This is based on the understanding that English is the medium of instruction of degree programmes offered by UGC-fund universities in Hong Kong. Moreover, graduates from universities in Hong Kong should have fulfilled the English language requirements of the institution concerned when they were admitted to the degree programmes. However, we may, under special circumstances, request applicants to provide additional supporting documents to prove their English proficiency.

  6. To fulfill the University’s minimum English language requirements, can I submit the test result of TOFEL Home Edition or IELTS Online?
    We now accept the test result of TOFEL Home Edition or IELTS Online. Applicants should have achieved scores in the following English Language tests as indicated:
    1. TOEFL: 550 (Paper-based)/79 (Internet-based/Home Edition);
    2. IELTS (Academic): 6.5 (Test Centre based/Online);
    3. GMAT: Band 21 (Verbal);
    4. GMAT Focus Edition: Band 78 (Verbal)
    Please visit the Graduate School website for more information.

  7. What is the mode of delivery?
    The default mode of delivery for classes in 2024-25 will be in-person on campus.